Platinum Jubilee Celebrations
Platinum Jubilee Conference
To mark the completion of 75 years, the Department has planned to organize the Platinum Jubilee Conference entitled ‘Perspectives in Materials Research’ during 21-23, December 2022.
- 27th Jan 2022: Apl. Prof. Dr. Guillaume Laplanche (Ruhr-Universität Bochum)
- 24th Mar 2022: Dr. Gerald Tennyson (TCS Research)
- 12th April 2022: Prof. Vikram Gavini (Univ. Michigan)
- 13th April 2022: Prof. V.A. Ravi (Cal Poly Pomona)
- 21st April 2022: Prof. Dierk Raabe (Max-Planck-Institut)
- 27st April 2022: Prof. Melis Serofoglu (Marmara Univ., Turkey)
- 28st April 2022: Dr. Rajaprakash Ramachandramoorthy (Max-Planck-Institut)
Special issue of Journal of IISc
The Department of Materials Engineering of the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) is in its 75th year since its inception. To commemorate this important milestone and celebrate the Platinum Jubilee year of the department, a special issue of the Journal of the Indian Institute of Science has been organized, which is now available online.
The overarching theme of this special issue is “Materials Engineering for a Sustainable Future”. All articles in this special issue are invited authoritative reviews that highlight how materials technology broadly address the challenges of energy, environment, healthcare, security, water, nutrition, digital access, and other societal needs toward a sustainable future.
Several alumni of the department have enthusiastically contributed articles to this special issue that covers a broad spectrum of materials engineering and showcases the diversity of the graduates from this department. These illustrious individuals are established leaders or emerging experts in their fields who are actively engaged in materials engineering in academia, industry, and national laboratories located in different countries worldwide.
A one-day seminar series is being planned to mark the launch of this special issue- details coming soon!
Guest Editors for the special issue:
Kaushik Chatterjee, Satyam Suwas, and T.A. Abinandanan
Department of Materials Engineering, IISc