C-201, Department of Materials Engineering
Indian Institute of Science
Tel: +91-80-2293 2679
Group Wesite: https://www.demandlab-iisc.com/
- Ph. D. (Materials Science) 2015, University of Cambridge, UK
- M. Tech. (Materials Science), 2008, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, India
- Assistant Professor; Materials Engineering Department, IISc Bangalore, India; October 2021 – Present.
- Principal Research Scientist; Western Digital, San Jose, USA; November 2018 – October 2021.
- Sr. Postdoctoral Researcher; University of California, Berkeley, USA; November 2016 – October 2018.
- Scientist; Max Planck Institute for Solid-State Research, Stuttgart, Germany; May 2015 – October 2016.
- Researcher (Sr. Manager); Tata Steel Limited, Jamshedpur, India; July 2008- October 2011.
- Nehru Trust for Cambridge University Fellowship (2011-2014)- University of Cambridge, UK.
- St John’s College, Cambridge University Fellowship (2011 -2014) - University of Cambridge, UK.
- Academic Excellence Award (2007-2008): M.Tech. programme at Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, India.
- Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) Fellowship (India) (2006-2008): Awarded for qualifying the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE); All India Rank-61.
- University Grants Commission (UGC), India: Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) (2005): Awarded for being in the topper’s list of the National Eligibility Test (NET) qualified candidates in Physics.
- Electronic and Magnetic Materials
- Spintronics, Iontronics, Ferroelectrics and Magnetoelectrics
- AI Hardware materials and devices
- Neuromorphic computing
- Non-volatile memory and DNA Storage
- 3D sensors for Virtual and Augmented realities
- Publications: 30+ Research papers published in reputed refereed journals (Nature, Nature Materials, Advanced Materials, Nano Letters, Nature Communications, Science Advances, Applied Physics Letters, etc.)
- Patents - 34: 30 US Patents and 4 Indian Patents
- Conferences and Presentations:
- Research work presented at 20 international conferences – Invited (6), Oral (9) and Posters (5) Presentations
- 15+ Invited and organization level talks – at Western Digital, San Jose (Invited); IBM Research – Almaden (Invited-Colloquium); MIT, US (Invited) (2); Lawrence Berkeley National Lab, US (Invited); Max Planck Institute, Stuttgart, Germany (Invited); University of Cambridge, UK; University of California, Berkeley; Tata Steel and IIT Kanpur
- Article Reviewed: 25+ (Nature publishing group journals, Wiley journals, American Institute of Physics journals, Elsevier journals, Taylor and Francis Ltd. Journals, and MDPI journals)
- Memberships: IEEE, IEEE magnetics society, St John’s College, University of Cambridge (Life time), Indian Physics Association (Life time), Cambridge Philosophical Society (1012-2015) and Institute of Physics (2012-2016)
- Scientific Community Services:
- Vice Chair Programme at IEEE Santa Clara Valley Section: January 2021 to present
- Guest Editor at APL Materials (Special topic: Materials Challenges for Nonvolatile Memory): April 2021- September 2021
Selected Recent Publications
- Bhagwati Prasad*, et. al., “Large tunnel electroresistance with ultrathin Hf0.5Zr0.5O2 ferroelectric tunnel barriers”, Advanced Electrotonic Materials (2021).
- PB Meisenheimer, RA Steinhardt, SH Sung, LD Williams, S Zhuang, ME Nowakowski, S Novakov, MM Torunbalci, B Prasad, et. al. “Enhanced magnetostriction and magnetoelectric switching in composite multiferroics through epitaxial stabilization”, Nature Communication (2021).
- Sujit Das, Zijian Hong, VA Stoica, MAP Gonçalves, Yu-Tsun Shao, Eric Parsonnet, Eric J Marksz, Sahar Saremi, MR McCarter, A Reynoso, Christian J Long, Aaron M Hagerstrom, D Meyers, V Ravi, B Prasad, et. al. , “ Local negative permittivity and topological phase transition in polar skyrmions” Nature Materials (2021).
- Bhagwati Prasad*, et.al., “Ultralow Voltage Manipulation of Ferromagnetism”, Advanced Materials (2020).
- Yen-Lin Huang, Dmitri Nikonov, Christopher Addiego, Rajesh V Chopdekar, Bhagwati Prasad, et.al., “Manipulating magnetoelectric energy landscape in multiferroics”, Nature Communication (2020).
- Petrucio Barrozo, Didrik René Småbråten, Yun‐Long Tang, Bhagwati Prasad, et.al., “Defect‐Enhanced Polarization Switching in the Improper Ferroelectric LuFeO3”, Advanced Materials (2020).
- Sasikanth Manipatruni, Dmitri E. Nikonov, Chia-Ching Lin, Tanay Gosavi, Huichu Li, Bhagwati Prasad, Yen Lin Huang, Ramamoorthy Ramesh, Ian A. Young, “Scalable Energy-Efficient Magnetoelectric Spin-Orbit Charge Logic”, Nature (2019).
- Ajay K. Yadav, Kayla X. Nguyen, Zijian Hong, Pablo García-Fernández, Pablo Aguado-Puente, Christopher T. Nelson, Sujit Das, Bhagwati Prasad, et.al., “Spatially Resolved Steady State Negative Capacitance”, Nature (2019).
- S. Das, Y. L. Tang, Z. Hong, M. A. P. Gonçalves, M. R. McCarter, F. Gómez-Ortiz, S.-L. Hsu, C. Klewe, P. Shafer, E. Arenholz, V. A. Stoica, C. Ophus, J. F. Liu, C. T. Nelson, S. Saremi, B. Prasad, et.al., “Observation of room-temperature polar skyrmions”, Nature (2019).
- Bhagwati. Prasad, G. Pfanzelt, E. F.-Tsirakis, M.J. Zachman, L.F. Fitting Kourkoutis, J. Mannhart, “Integrated circuits comprising patterned functional liquids”, Advanced Materials (2018).
- Sasikanth Manipatruni, Dmitri E. Nikonov, Chia-Ching Lin, Bhagwati Prasad, Yen Lin Huang, Anoop R. Damodaran, Zuhuang Chen, Ramamoorthy Ramesh and Ian A. Young, “Voltage Control of Unidirectional Anisotropy in Ferromagnet-Multiferroic System”, Science Advances (2018).
- H. S. Alagoz, B. Prasad, J. Jeon, M. G. Blamire, K. H. Chow and J. Jung, “Phase shift of oscillatory magnetoresistance in a double-cross thin film structure of La0.3Pr0.4Ca0.3MnO3 via strain-engineered elongation of electronic domains”, Physical Review B, (2018).
- Bhagwati Prasad*, W. Zhang, J. Jian, H. Wang and M. G. Blamire; “Strongly bias-dependent tunnel magnetoresistance in manganite spin filter tunnel junctions”, Advanced Materials (2015).
- Bhagwati Prasad*, M. Egilmez, F. Schoofs, T. Fix, M. E. Vickers, W. Zhang, J. Jian, H. Wang and M. G. Blamire; “Nanopillar spin filter tunnel junctions with manganite barriers”, Nano Letters (2014).
- T. Fix, E.-M. Choi, J. W. A. Robinson, S. B. Lee, A. Chen, Bhagwati Prasad, H. Wang, M. G. Blamire, and J. L. MacManus-Driscoll; “Electric-field control of ferromagnetism in a nanocomposite via a ZnO phase”, Nano Letters (2013).