Department of Materials Engineering,
Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore-560012, INDIA
Tel: +91 802 293 2470 (Office) +91 740 683 6971 (Mobile)
Assistant Professor (Research), Brown University (2014)
Postdoc, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (2010)
Ph.D., University of South Carolina (2006)
B.Tech., Central Electrochemical Research Institute (2000)
Broadly on Electrochemical Engineering for Energy and Environment with emphasis on
– Electrochemically-active and functional materials for electrolysis, energy-storage and energy-conversion.
– Electrochemical desalination and remediation of pollutants.
– Electrochemical metallurgy of critical materials, and quantifying electrochemical phenomena.
Selected recent publications
1. Role of Elastic Strain on Electrocatalysis of Oxygen Reduction Reaction on Pt. (with D. Vairavapandian, M.C. Lafouresse, T. Adit Maark, N. Karan, S. Sun, U. Bertocci, A.A. Peterson, G.R. Stafford, and P.R. Guduru), Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 119 (33), 19042-19052, 2015.
2. Analysis of Electrochemical Lithiation and Delithiation Kinetics in Silicon. (with V. Srinivasan, and J. Newman), Journal of The Electrochemical Society, 160 (2), A394-A403, 2013.
3. Stress Evolution in Composite Silicon Electrodes during Lithiation/Delithiation. (with A. Nguyen, M.J. Chon, S.P.V. Nadimpalli, H. Wang, D.P. Abraham, A.F. Bower, V.B. Shenoy, and P.R. Guduru), Journal of The Electrochemical Society, 160 (4), A739-A746, 2013.
Total publications: 30