E-407, Department of Materials Engineering,
Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore-560012, INDIA
Tel: +91-80-2293 2242
PhD (2016) Indian Institute of Science Bangalore, India
B.Tech (2007) National Institute of Technology Rourkela, India
Alexander von Humboldt Fellowship June 2017- May 2019
Phase Transformations, Physical Metallurgy, High Temperature Alloys, Superalloys, Light Weight Alloys, Transmission Electron Microscopy, Atom Probe Tomography.
1. X. Wu*, S. K. Makineni*, C. H. Liebscher, G. Dehm, J. R. Mianroodi, P. Shanthraj, B. Svendsen, D. Burger, G. Eggeler, D. Raabe, B. Gault,
“Unveiling the Re effect in Ni-based single crystal superalloys”,
Nature Communications, accepted, 2020.
2. J. He*, S. Neumeier, D. Raabe, B. Gault, S. K. Makineni*
“On the atomic solute diffusional mechanisms during compressive creep deformation of a Co-Al-W-Ta based single crystal superalloy”,
Acta Materialia, (184), 86-89 pp., 2020
3. S. K. Makineni*, A. Kumar, M. Lenz, P. Kontis, T. Meiners, C. H. Zenk, S. Zaefferer, G. Eggeler, S. Neumeier, E. Spiecker, D. Raabe, B. Gault,
“On the diffusive phase transformation mechanism assisted by extended dislocations during creep of a single crystal CoNi-based superalloy”,
Acta Materialia, (155), 362-371 pp., 2018.
4. S. K. Makineni*, M. Lenz, S. Neumeier, E. Spiecker, D. Raabe, B. Gault,
“Elemental segregation to anti-phase boundaries in crept CoNi-based single crystal superalloys”,
Scripta Materialia, (157), 62-66 pp., 2018
5. S. K. Makineni*, A. R. Kini, E. A. Jägle, H. Springer, D. Raabe and B. Gault,
“Synthesis of Mo-Si-B based alloy through laser additive manufacturing for high temperature applications”,
Acta Materialia, (151) 31-40 pp., 2018.
6. S. K. Makineni*, M. Lenz, P. Kontis, Z. Li, A. Kumar, P. J. Felfer, S. Neumeier, M. Herbig, E. Spiecker, D. Raabe, B. Gault,
“Correlative microscopy – novel methods and their applications to explore 3D chemistry and structure of nanoscale lattice defects: A case study in superalloys”,
JOM, (70) 1736-43 pp., 2018.
7. S. K. Makineni*, S. Sandeep, S. Meher, R. Banerjee, S. Bhattacharya, S. Kumar, K. Chattopadhyay,
“Enhancing elevated temperature strength of copper containing aluminium alloys by forming L12 Al3Zr precipitates and nucleating q² precipitates on them”,
Scientific Reports, (7) 11154 pp., 2017.
8. S. K. Makineni*, N. Baler, K. Chattopadhyay,
“Synthesis of a new tungsten free γ – γ’ Cobalt based Superalloys by tuning alloying additions”.
Acta Materialia (85), 85-94 pp., 2015.
9. S. K. Makineni*, A. Samanta, T. Rojhirunakool, T. Alam, N. Baler, A. K. Singh, R. Banerjee, K. Chattopadhyay,
“A new class of high strength high temperature Cobalt based γ – γ’ Co-Al-Mo alloys stabilized with Ta addition”.
Acta Materialia (97), 29-40 pp., 2015.
10. S. K. Makineni*, N. Baler, K. Chattopadhyay,
“A new tungsten free Co-Al-Mo-Nb based superalloy”,
Scripta Materialia (89), 36-39 pp., 2015.
Total Publications: 37