A211, Department of Materials Engineering,
Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore-560012, INDIA
Tel: +91-80-2293 3239
Ph.D. (1993), Imperial College, London
M.Tech. (1986), IIT, Kanpur
B.Tech. (1983), IIT, Kanpur
Binani Gold Medal award, Overseas Research Scholar Award.
Processing, characterization and properties of light materials and composites.
1) Effect of thermo-mechanical treatment on microstructure and tensile properties of 2219ScMg alloy: S. Mondol, S. Kumar and K. Chattopadhyay, Materials Science and Engineering A, 759, 583-593, 2019.
2) Influence of glycerol addition on PEO coating formation on an AM50 magnesium alloy in a silicate based electrolyte and on its microstructure and corrosion properties: A. Jangde, S. Kumar and C. Blawert, Corrosion Science, 157, 220-246, 2019.
3) The key role of thread and needle selection towards ‘through thickness reinforcement’ in tufted carbon fiber-Epoxy laminates: K. K. Verma, S. Bose, S. Kumar, K. Gaddikeri, S. Ramesh, G. Padmakara, Composites Part B, 174, 106970 (1-8), 2019.
Total publications: 125
- Mechanical behaviour of materials
- Light metals, alloys and composites
- Microstructural design and development of engineering materials
- Introduction to materials science and engineering