Principal Research Scientist
Room No. E-307, Department of Materials Engineering
Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore-560012, India
Tel: +91 80 2293 3244
Diffusion related studies
Systems with high temperature applications: Ni, Fe-Ni base super alloys and Co-base super alloys
- Co-W, Co-Ta and Co-Ni-Ta
- Nb-X (X-Ni,Co,Fe)
Electronic packaging materials:
Effect of electric current on whiskering in Tin and on IMC growth.
- Amudha Arumugam, Ravi Raju and Varun A Baheti, Interdiffusion study of Co-Sb system, Recent advances in mass transport in engineering materials, Diffusion Foundations, (2019) Accepted.
- Varun A. Baheti, Ravi Raju, Interdiffusion study of the topologically closed packed μ phase and the phase boundary compositions in the Fe–Mo system, Intermetallics, 113 (2019) 106586.
- V.A. Baheti, S. Islam, P. Kumar, R. Ravi, R. Narayanan, D. Hongqun, V. Vuorinen, T. Laurila, A. Paul, Effect of Ni content on the diffusion-controlled growth of the product phases in the Cu(Ni)-Sn system, Philosophical Magazine, 96(2016).
- V.A. Baheti, S. Santra, S. Roy, K. Perumalsamy, S. Prasad, R. Ravi and A. Paul, Phase evolutions, growth kineics and diffusion parameters in Co-Ni-Ta system, Journal of alloys and Compounds 622 (2015) 1033-1040.
- S. Santra, S. Islam, R. Ravi, V. Vuorinen, T. Laurila and A. Paul, Phase evolutions in AuCu/Sn system by solid state reactive diffusion, Journal of ELECTRONIC MATERIALS, available online, 2014.
- V.A. Baheti, R. Ravi and A. Paul, Interdiffusion study in the Pd-Pt system, Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics, available online, 2013.
- Varun A Baheti, Soumitra Roy, Raju Ravi and Aloke Paul, Study on diffusion mechanism and the phase boundary compositions in the Co-Ta system, Intermetallics, 33 (2013) 87-91.
- R.Ravi and A.Paul, Diffusion and growth mechanism of the phases in the Pd-Sn system, Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics, 23(12) (2012) 2306-2310.
- R.Ravi and A.Paul, Interdiffusion in Gold-Copper system,Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics, 23(12) (2012) 2152-2156.
- S.S.K.Balam, R.Ravi and A. Paul, Diffusion mechanism in the mu-phase in Nb-X (X=Ni,Co,Fe) systems, Defects and Diffusion Forum, 323-325 (2012) 497-501.
- R.Ravi and A.Paul, Interdiffusion study in the Co(W) solid solution and the topological close packed µ phase in the Co-W systems, Intermetallics, 19 (2011) 426-428.
- R.Ravi, A.K.Kumar and A.Paul, Diffusion Studies in A3B Compounds with A15 Structure, Defect and Diffusion Forum Vols. 297-301 (2010) 477-482.
- M.Murugan, R.Ravi, A.Anandhi, Sajan Kurien and M.K.Dhanya, Pesticide use in Indian cardamom needs change in cultivation practices, Current Science 113(6) (2017) 1058-1063.
- M.Murugan, P.K.Shetty, Thomas George, R.Ravi, A.Subbiah, K.Vijayakumar, Pesticide use in Indian Cardamom Hills- Factors, Patterns and Intensity, International Journal of Social Ecology and Sustainable Development (IJSESD) 5(3) (2014) 65-80.
- M.Murugan, P.K.Shetty, A.Anandhi, and R.Ravi, Present and future climate change in Indian Cardamom Hills: Implications for cardamom production and sustainability, British Journal of Environment & Climate Change 2(4): 368-390, 2012.
- Muthusamy Murugan, Bijoy K Panigrahy, Paddu Krishnappa Shetty, Alappan Subbiah and Raju Ravi, Effect of Heavy metal and Nutrient Uptake by soils in Indian Cardamom Hills, Journal of Soil Science and Environmental Management Vol. 3(8), pp. 196-206, August 2012, Available online at http://www.academicjournals.org/JSSEM, DOI: 10.5897/JSSEM11.091
- M.Murugan, P.K.Shetty, M.B.Hiremath, R.Ravi, A.Subbiah, Occurrence and activity of cardamom pests and honeybees as affected by pest management and climate change, International Multidisciplinary Research Journal 2011, 1/6:03-12.
- Muthusamy Murugan, Paddu Krishnappa Shetty, Raju Ravi, Aavudai Anandhi and Arulappan Joseph Rajkumar, Climate change and crop yields in the Indian cardamom hills, 1978-2007 CE, Climatic Change, Springer, June 2011, DOI 10.1007/s10584-011-0115-8.
- Muthusamy Murugan, Paddu Krishnappa Shetty, Raju Ravi, Alappan Subbiah and Murigendra B. Hiremath, Environmental impacts of intensive cardamom (small) cultivation in Indian Cardamom Hills: the need for sustainable and efficient practices, Recent Research in Science and Technology 2011, 3(2):09-15.
- Muthusamy Murugan, Paddu Krishnappa Shetty, Auvudai Anandhi, Raju Ravi, Subbiah Alappan, Muhund Vasudevan and Sreeja Gopalan, Rainfall changes over tropical montane cloud forests of southern Western Ghats, India, Current Science, Vol. 97, No. 12, 25 December 2009.
- M.Murugan, P.K.Shetty, R.Ravi and A.Subbiah, The Physiological Ecology of Cardamom (Elettaria cardamomum M) in Cardamom Agroforestry System, Int. J. Environ. Res., 3(1):35-44 , Winter 2009.
- R.Ravi, Y.V.R.K.Prasad and V.V.S.Sarma, “A Hybrid Intelligent Systems approach for Hot Forging Process Design”, The Journal of the Computer Society of India, Vol.37, No.2, April-June 2007.
- R.Ravi, Y.V.R.K.Prasad and V.V.S.Sarma, “An Artificial Neural Network(ANN) Model for predicting Instability Regimes in Copper-Aluminum Alloys”, Materials and Manufacturing Processes, Vol.22, No.7, 2007, pp 846-850.
- R.Ravi, Y.V.R.K.Prasad, V.V.S.Sarma and R.S.Raidu, “Artificial Neural Network Model for predicting stable and unstable regions in Cu-Zn alloys”, Materials and Manufacturing Processes, Vol.21, No.8, November-December 2006, pp.756-760.
- R.Ravi, Y.V.R.K.Prasad and V.V.S.Sarma, “Artificial Neural Network Models to Predict workability parameters for Dynamic recrystallisation domain and Instability regimes”, International Workshop on Neural Network and Genetic Algorithm in Material Science and Engineering (NGMS-2006), January 11-13, 2006, Bengal Engineering and Science University, Shibpur, Howrah, India, Tata McGraw Hill, pp.257-271.
- R.Ravi, Y.V.R.K.Prasad and V.V.S.Sarma, “Development of expert systems for the design of a hot forging process based on materials workability”, Journal of Materials Engineering and Performance, ASM International, Vol.12, No.6, December 2003, pp.646-652.
M.E Students (jointly with Prof. Aloke Paul)
- Mangesh Pantawane
- Sarfaraj Islam
The phase evolution in Au(Cu)/Sn system by solid state reactive diffusion and diffusion studies in Cu(Ni)/Sn (2013).
- Varun A Baheti
Interdiffusion studies in binary Co-Ta system and ternary Co(Ni)-Ta, Co(Ni)-Nb and Fe(Ni)-Nb systems (2012).