HIGH TEMPERATURE STRUCTURAL MATERIALS 2020
Feb 3-5, 2020
Faculty Hall, IISc.
The 3-day conference aims to bring together academics, researchers, and students from universities, R&D labs and the industry to discuss research activities on all aspects of the mechanical response of high temperature structural materials and components. The overarching goal is to disseminate knowledge, to identify current research activities and researchers in India working on these areas, and to enable networking and knowledge sharing. The conference themes include:
- Fundamental topics in high temperature creep, fatigue, creep-fatigue interactions, impact damage, erosion, etc.
- Lifetime assessment, damage modeling, structural integrity and component design
- Multiscale modeling of high temperature phenomena in materials and components
- Alloy development, microstructure-property correlations, etc.
- Novel high temperature testing methodologies and diagnostics
The meeting will consist of 10-12 sessions with invited and contributed oral presentations. The following is a partial list of confirmed invited speakers:
- Dr. S. Tarafder (NML)
- Dr. S.V. Ramanamurthy (GTRE)
- Prof. Rajesh Korla (IIT, Hyderabad)
- Dr. Vikas Kumar Saxena (DMRL)
- Prof. Vikram Jayaram (IISc)
- Dr. Swati Biswas (GTRE)
- Prof. Atul H. Chokshi (IISc)
- Dr. B.V.A Patnaik (GTRE)
- Dr. Prasad Reddy (IGCAR)
- Prof. Dipankar Banerjee (IISc)
- Prof. S. Makinene (IISc)
- Dr. Ragu Kannusamy (Garrett Technologies, Bangalore)
- Dr. Dheepa Srinivasan (P&W)
- Prof. R. Kottada (IIT, Madras)
- Mr. Syed Idrees Ali (IISc)
- Prof. Saswata Bhattacharya (IIT-H)
- Dr. Vani Shankar (IGCAR)
- Dr. KV Vamsi (UCSB)
The latest program can be found here.
You can register for the meeting at https://forms.gle/ritvf3Z4iBDJepPCA, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. THERE IS NO REGISTRATION FEE. But there is a limit to the number of participants. So we strongly encourage you to register early. Students and researchers working on the above topics can expect to benefit from this meeting, and we encourage your participation. For further information, please contact email@example.com.
The conference is supported by Corporate Social responsibility (CSR) grants that IISc received from Garrett Advancing Motion, aimed at promoting research and education on high temperature materials.