As you may know, IISc has recently launched a new alumni networking and engagement portal to connect you with your classmates and fellow alumni, and with the Institute.
The new website is available at: http://alumni.iisc.ernet.in.
The first step to accessing many of the features is to *register for the website,* if you haven’t done so already, as these are exclusively tailored to benefit verified IISc alumni. It takes less than a minute to register!
There are 2 ways to sign up:
1. *Using your email address: *Please enter your name, email, department, year, SR no., etc. and register at this login page: http://alumni.iisc.ernet.in/login_email
2. *Using your Facebook or Linkedin profile: *You can directly log in using your linkedin or facebook username and password by clicking on the respective links on the right side of the front page (http://alumni.iisc.ernet.in/)
Once you have registered and your credentials are verified, you will be able to use many of the features, such as:
1.* Searching for and contacting other alumni:* Under the “Connect” tab in front page, you can find options to search for alumni by location, map or by resources such as job sector, company, etc. By clicking on individual alumni profiles, you will also be able to view their current details and contact them directly (“Send email”).
2. *Social groups: *You can also form social groups with your classmates by selecting the “Visit your class” option from the main page.
3. *Sharing campus memories:* You can share your stories from campus days (go to: http://alumni.iisc.ernet.in/stories) and post pictures on the online photo gallery (http://alumni.iisc.ernet.in/gallery).
4. *News & Updates: *The news page will be updated with latest news on IISc & alumni achievements and announcements (http://alumni.iisc.ernet.in/news)
5. *Events:* You will be able to see details and register online for reunions/alumni events (http://alumni.iisc.ernet.in/events/)
6.* Getting advice from other alumni: *Post your needs on the “Alumni needs” section (http://alumni.iisc.ernet.in/needs/) and get answers from your fellow alumni.
7.* Jobs & Internships:* You can post jobs & internships in your company/job sector for other alumni and students to apply.
8. *Giving back to IISc: *You can find different IISc projects listed on the “Contributions” page (http://alumni.iisc.ernet.in/fundraising/) and can make online payments using our secure payment gateway.
We will continue adding more features to the website in the future, and look forward to your feedback and suggestions for improving this platform to serve your needs better.
For any questions about using the website, please write to us at email@example.com.
Office of Development and Alumni Affairs
Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore