The Hubert I. Aaronson Fellowship has been instituted to enable outstanding, young scientists from anywhere in the world (preferably below the age of 45) working in areas related to phase transformations to spend up to 1 month at the department. Nominations may be received from any faculty member at IISc. We are delighted to welcome Dr. Balamuralikrishna, scientist at Defence Metallurgical Research Laboratory, as the first Aaronson fellow. Bala works in the area of atom probe field ion microscopy and TEM and their application to microstructural evolution in Ni-based superalloys and steels.
List of H I Aaronson Fellows:
- Prof.Eun Soo Park, Seoul National University, Republic of Korea, 2015
- Prof.Philip Eisenlohr, Michigan State University,USA, 2015
- Dr.Sandip Ghosh Chowdhury, National Metallurgical Laboratory, Jamshedpur, 2013
- Dr.Sandip Ghosh Chowdhury, National Metallurgical Laboratory, Jamshedpur, 2012
- Prof.Martin Wagner, Chemnitz University of Technology,Germany, 2012.
- Dr.R.Balamuralikrishnan, DMRL, Hyderabad, 2010-11.